Connected and healthy communities
Communities are safe, resilient, healthy, inclusive and socially well connected. Quality services are accessible to everyone.
100% of Council plan actions are on track
Find out what we’re doing to support connected and healthy communities in Yarra Ranges
Mount Evelyn pump track construction
We built a new pump track for bike riders at Gardner Parade.
Monbulk Community Sports Pavilion
We upgraded the pavilion to provide a modern facility for the community and local clubs.
Yarra Glen River Circuit project
We’re building a new walking trail and installing fitness equipment in Yarra Glen.
Queens Park playspace, Healesville
We built a new playspace at Queens Park which was designed using community feedback.
Warburton Community Recreation Precinct
We’re building a new all ages space with a water play area, picnic facilities and other play spaces.
Burrinja Cultural Centre redevelopment
We’re refurbishing the foyer, studios, kitchen, cafe, social space and gallery at Burrinja.
Highlights and initiatives
We think these projects are great and hope you do too
- Formed the Lilydale Township Group following a community meeting in November with 150 community members
- Developed a community engagement plan and activities with the Montrose community
- Developed a community engagement plan with Badger Creek residents
- Formed the Reefton and McMahons Creek Action Group (RMAG) and developed the first community plan in consultation with VicRoads and Melbourne Water to address local issues.
Public transport advocacy
- Council has continued to advocate for improved public transport in collaboration with other Councils as part of the Eastern Transport Coalition (ETC).
Community health and wellbeing
- As part of our health and wellbeing strategy three major initiative groups have been established to engage key health partners including Eastern Health, EACH and Inspiro. Initiatives include:
- Walking – the Way to Go, to make Yarra Ranges a more friendly area for walkers.
- Water – Everyone’s Drink of Choice, to promote water as the drink of choice and install more water refill stations in Yarra Ranges.
- Indigenous Health – Closing the Gap, to increase Aboriginal health and wellbeing and ensure residents can access services and participate fully in the community.
- Endorsed the Creative Communities Strategy to shape Yarra Ranges as a creative place
- Distributed close to $1.3 million through our three grant programs to 209 applicants including, artists, festivals, heritage projects, community development, young people, neighbourhood houses and local partnerships.
- Supported the Healesville Indigenous Community Support Association (HICSA) and local Aboriginal community members in their advocacy to the State Government to return significant land assets, Galeena Beek to the traditional owners.
- Completed the transition of 200 clients to a range of National Disability Insurance Scheme providers.
- Successfully piloted an intergenerational project linking Supported Playgroups and Social Support Groups
- Delivered eight projects that have increased the availability of support for children in their middle years and increased their opportunity to influence policy and service design
Get the details for all projects that we’re currently working on: