Vibrant economy, agriculture and tourism
Our tourism, agriculture, health, manufacturing and other industries are leading and dynamic. Strong investment and attraction underpins sustainable economic growth and job creation.
90% of Council plan actions are on track
Find out what we’re doing to support a vibrant economy, agriculture and tourism in Yarra Ranges
Yarra Valley Trail project
We’re building a new rail trail from Lilydale to Yarra Glen.
Warburton MTB project
We’re building more than 100km of MTB trails surrounding Warburton.
We’re building a 39km walking trail to share stories of art and landscape in the Dandenongs.
Launching Place carpark relocation
We moved the Warburton Trail carpark from the Home Hotel to behind the General Store.
Highlights and initiatives
We think these projects are great and hope you do too
- Council obtained a commitment of $7.8m from the Federal Government for the Coldstream Recycled Water Pipeline
- Continued support to small businesses through the Small Business Mentoring program and monthly e-communication.
Chirnside Park urban design
- Council has continued liaison with commercial realtors to encourage the marketing of key sites in the area and support investment inquiries for these areas
- Developed the Chirnside Park Masterplan which is being implemented through the funding of development contributions.
The Lilydale Project
- The Lilydale Place Plan is progressing well with the community visioning phase engaging both public and private stakeholders to explore new investment and place making opportunities.
- RidgeWalk funding has been approved by the Federal Government
- Yarra Valley Railway Stage 2 feasibility study has been completed
- Coldstream Recycled Water Pipeline feasibility study has been completed and a funding application has been submitted to the Federal Government.
- Completed proactive works to keep the Yarra Valley free of fruit flies, by auditing 3,000 environmental weeds and removing 1,500 weeds from Council land that could be potential hosts to protect the agricultural industry. This project was funded by the Victorian Government.
Get the details for all projects that we’re currently working on: